RAFAKO S.A. History
1949 - 1969
1949 Beginning of construction of the factory
1951 The company is named “Technical Equipment Factory (FUT) under Construction”
1954 Manufacture of the prototype boiler: OR-32
1956 - 1968
- Commencement of manufacture of large boiler units – OP-230 type pulverised coal fired boilers very popular in power-generation utilities.
- Installation (workshop III) of a hydraulic press with a pressing force of 4000 tons made in USSR.
- First export order for Democratic People’s Republic of Korea - 4 OKR-5 boilers, 8 WLM 5.0 boilers and two sets of heat exchangers.
- Implementation of membrane walls manufacturing technology.
1968 Company’s name is changed to Racibórz Boiler Factory RAFAKO in Racibórz.
1970 - 1989
Export of large boiler units:
- Yugoslavia: Oslomej, Nikola Tesla, Morava
- Turkey: Yatagan, Yenikoy, Kemerkoy
- Bulgaria: Maritza, Bobov Dol
- Czech Republic: Prunerov
- China: Taiyuan
- India: Durgapur, Bokaro and Rourkela
- Putting into operation of lignite-fired once-through boilers BB-1150 for 360 MW power-generating units in Bełchatów Power Plant.
- Completion of manufacture of pressure stabiliser for NORD Nuclear Power Plant (former GDR) equipped with WWER-440 power-generating units.
1990 - 1999
1990 Co-operation agreement with EVT-Stuttgart regarding the circulating fluidised bed boilers.
- Production of fluidised bed boilers for Żerań CHP Plant, Bielsko-Biała CHP Plant, Siersza Power Plant and Polpharma.
1992 Contract for delivery of wet method flue gas desulphurisation plant according to Steinmüller technology for Jaworzno III Power Plant
1993 The company Is privatised and registered under the name of Fabryka Kotłów RAFAKO S.A.
1997 July / August – catastrophic flood and removal of the effects thereof (2,5 m flood wave inundated the company’s premises and equipment).
1997/8 ELEKRIM S.A. acquires 46% of shares. RAFAKO S.A. enters the Capital Group ELEKTRIM-ENERGETYKA.
2000 - 2014
Intensive development of environment-friendly technologies:
- Wet lime method and semi-dry method flue gas desulphurisation plants
- Selective Catalytic Removal (SCR) of nitric oxides
- Biomass-fired boilers with pulverised fuel, grate or fluidised furnaces
- Waste-to-thermal-energy plants
2011 RAFAKO S.A. enters the PBG Group
- Start-up of BB-2400, boiler for supercritical steam parameters in Bełchatów Power Plant
- Commencement of works within the framework of implementation of turnkey contract of two 900 MW power-generating units for supercritical steam parameters in PGE Opole S.A. Power Plant
- Signing of a contract for turnkey execution of 910 MWe power-generating unit in Jaworzno Power Plant for supercritical steam parameters
2015 - 2020
- Putting into operation of power-generating unit for ZAK S.A. Kędzierzyn Koźle with OP-140 boiler
- Execution of two OFz-135 fluidised bed boilers in Vilnius - Lithuania
- Handover of waste-to-thermal-energy plant in ZUO Szczecin
- Putting into operation of flue gas desulphurisation plants in Gdynia, Gdańsk, Kraków, Wrocław CHP plants
- Implementation of selective catalytic nitric oxides reduction (SCR) systems in Kozienice, Połaniec, Ostrołęka power plants
Starting from 2011 RAFAKO, as part of PBG Group, is a leader in the market of plants and systems for power generation sector and strengthens its position in natural gas, oil and fuel sector.